Marlin Biweekly 2 Dev & Community Updates – February 2022
Here are the latest developments for the second half of February!
Here are the latest developments for the second half of
Here are the latest developments for the second half of December!
As always, our discord server is the place to bug us in case you have any queries or want to discuss all things Marlin and Layer 0. For community-related discussions, our Telegram channel is the place to be!
- Finished and released the Arbitrum bridge for both tokens and stashes.
- Deployed the token, staking and governance subgraphs on Arbitrum.
- A separate staking portal and supporting backend has been deployed corresponding to the Arbitrum staking contracts.
- The staking subgraph now tracks bridged stashes and displays corresponding messages in the UI.
- Refactored the staking gateway and made it role-based instead of fixed address.
- Cleaned up accumulated cruft in the Ethereum staking contracts now that we can make clean breaks in the storage layouts of the contracts.
- Added missing events in the staking contracts now that we have a clean history on Arbitrum.
- Migration of the Marlin Network from Ethereum to Arbitrum
💯 This will allow for increased participation in Marlin's network, with the ecosystem being able to leverage Arbitrum's reduced gas fees while maintaining Ethereum's security.
👀 Existing users & operators participating in the Marlin network by staking and running clusters can transfer their stashes over via the Arbitrum bridge.
✅ Token holders can also transfer their POND/MPond from the Ethereum network to Arbitrum.
🌊 The migration will be done in phases with staking completely moving to Arbitrum by 10th Jan 2022 with the Marlin Bridge & Governance going live approx a month later.
👍 Existing users will continue to earn rewards on the Ethereum network until staking goes live on Arbitrum.
🤓 Cluster operators will need to register on the Arbitrum staking portal before staking goes live in order to continue receiving tickets and rewards.
👋 Reach out to us on Discord (https://discord.gg/heT4sND) in case you have queries/require assistance.
Spread the word: https://twitter.com/MarlinProtocol/status/1473969957318791172
- Staking Stats
Over 856 million POND has been staked in the form of MPond (733 MPond equivalent to 733 million POND) and POND (123 million POND) tokens. Stats can be found here.
Looking to stake? There are more than 70 cluster operators to choose from.
Our dummies guide should get you through the staking process. Reach out to us on Discord if you’re facing any issues, need to clarify doubts, or require assistance.
Missed our earlier update? Check out the first biweekly update for December here.
Follow our official social media channels to get the latest updates as and when they come out!
Twitter | Telegram Announcements | Telegram Chat | Discord | Website
Subscribe to our newsletter.